10 KEY LIFESTYLE CHANGES THAT WILL MAKE YOU SHED WEIGHT NATURALLY
By Halaah Omer.
“Lose 30 kgs in 1 month!!” “Get abs in 1 week” “Take inches off instantly!”
Sounds too good to be true? That’s because it is. The Internet is full of fad diets, skinny teas, and magical pills claiming to be the solution to all your weight-loss woes. In actuality, these do more harm than good in the longer run. Crash diets and weight-loss pills can contribute to health issues, like slow metabolism, bad digestion, and weak bones.
So how does one get trim healthily? Remember the cardinal rule of losing weight, calories in calories out. Unless you create a calorie deficit, weight loss can be next to impossible.
What you didn’t gain in 1 night, you can’t lose in 1 night. Expect a good reasonable 3-4 kgs a month and whichever lifestyle you choose be it OMAD (One Meal a Day) or IF (Intermittent Fasting) remember the following points that we at Sedit recommend.
- Set Realistic Goals, Don’t step on the scales too often; keep an eye on inches lost as well.
- Add good Protein to Your Diet (eggs, fish, organic free-range chicken, lean red meat)
- Incorporate healthy fats in your diet (Nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, desi ghee, cheese & butter)
- Say no to processed foods which are empty calories
- Have a cheat day once a week and reserve sugar for only your cheat days
- Eliminate or lower down carbs from your diet (rice, potatoes, wheat, flour)
- Drink at least 3 liters of water (add lemon and pink salt for flavoring)
- Fool your body by chewing slowly and using smaller sized plates.
- Sleep for at least 8 hours a day. Lack of sleep increases appetite. Aim to get your heart rate up for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Make salads and vegetables your best friend and take your fiber and carbs from them.
We cannot emphasize this enough, make healthy eating a lifestyle, not just a phase, if you want long-lasting change in your appearance and well-being